You know that there are several types of microwave ovens available in the market but there are mainly three types of microwaves available in today’s market – Convection, Conventional, and Solo Microwave Oven. These microwaves differ in the way they heat food and spread the heat throughout the oven. They are quite useful for reheating food and really easy to use which is why knowing about each type of microwave can help you in making the right choice.
Convection Microwave Oven
In a Convection microwave, the fan is situated at the back side which helps in heating the air inside the oven and then circulating it around the dish that is being cooked inside the oven. This type of microwave is quicker than a conventional or a solo microwave oven as it keeps on pushing the hot air around the food that is being cooked, making sure that all the exposed parts are heated properly.
It can use gas or electricity to work and a lot of cooks love using this oven to bake. Here are a few benefits of having a convection oven:
- You can cook your food in a relatively short period of time due to the fan which helps in circulating the hot air inside the oven.
- Your food is cooked evenly both from the inside and the outside and you don’t have to worry about any undercooked parts.
- It is versatile as you can use it to reheat your cold food items, bake dishes, make popcorns, and so on.
- It is quite simple and easy to use.
If you’d like to dig deeper into these then Kitchenguyd has a more in-depth guide on the convection ovens.
Conventional Microwave Oven
One of the most common types of a microwave oven which is used in everyday cooking tasks by the majority of people. It is similar to a convection oven as it uses heat for cooking and can also use gas or electricity to run. However, in a conventional microwave oven, hot air is not circulated around with the help of a fan and the pots and pans inside the oven can often block the flow of hot air.
Here are a few advantages of using this type of oven:
- It has an inside capacity of 2-5 feet which allows you to cook a large amount of food at a time. You can also put cooking racks to cook multiple dishes.
- You can place it anywhere inside the kitchen as it is compact in size.
- It has a timer which helps you in cooking properly.
Solo Microwave Oven
One of the most basic microwave model which can perform only one function at a time. It includes magnetron which is responsible for production heat waves or microwaves and can be used both for normal cooking and heating food. It costs quite less than other oven types and cannot do other cooking tasks like grilling, baking, etc.
When you make the decision between these three types of ovens, you need to determine your cooking needs and requirements and then make the right choice.
Stay tuned to The BlackBerry Bistro for more kitchen tips.